How do you know when someone’s lying to you? What about when they’re hiding something from you? It’s one thing if that person is a friend, co-worker, or even enemy. It could be much worse if it’s a medical professional unwilling to deliver bad news to you, or the one you’re caring for.
Where do you start to uncover the truth? Start by watching faces.
Many good doctors, aides, hospice members, and other medical professionals are never comfortable delivering bad news. Although trained on so many levels, few master the skills of deceit.
In this episode Joseph McGuire and I discuss how to more easily detect what’s going on in the heads of your medical team as they talk with you. Learning how to identify which information they feel they can’t (or simply won’t) share can save you and yours a lot of grief later on.
In this show, we cover a lot including:
- How understanding pre-language “caveman” communications can help us better decipher someone’s hidden intent
- How body language can get help you determine if you’re getting the “real story”
- How to set higher acceptance standards for what doctors should be telling you – even if it hurts
- How to look into someone’s eyes and know what they might be thinking next
- What to listen for when trying to determine a doctor’s true level of engagement with you
- How to look beyond the fancy façade of a facility being marketed by a slick salesperson
- How to challenge someone with a smile
- And much more!
One more thing… you might also learn how to understand your own sibling’s behavior from some of the details that Joseph shares with me here in this show, as well.
Book: Never Split The Difference, by Chris Voss
Guest: Joseph McGuire, is the CEO of Clearshight Communications. Having practiced, taught and honed his techniques over a period of more than 30 years Joseph has developed a mastery of observational skills. He uses them to add an extra degree of clarity and accuracy to many levels of decision making and negotiations. Within his group work he teaches people using his 7 stage program of ‘Communicate, Negotiate and Collaborate’.
He is highly experienced in the role of impartial and unbiased observer, enabling interviewers to focus on asking questions specifically role related.
- Author of ‘Face Facts: The Art of Reading Your Clients and Prospects for Sales, Negotiation and Recruitment’
- Presents regular training for clients in Ireland and abroad using the ancient Chinese tradition of face reading and body language to build relationships both professional and personal
- Incorporates FBI negotiation and interrogation techniques for clarity of communication, purpose and intention in negotiations
- Individual consultations to clearly identify strengths and enhance awareness of presentation
- Relationship compatibility consultancy for individuals in both their professional and personal lives
Host: Nancy May, Author How to Survive 911 Medical Emergencies, Step-by-Step Before, During, After! Expert in managing the path of step-by-step caring for an aging parent or family member, even from over 1200 miles away, or more. For a Free File-of-Life to www.howtosurvive911.com. Nancy is also the Co-Founder of CareManity LLC, and the private FaceBook group, Eldercare Success.
Disclaimer: The views, perspectives, and opinions expressed in this show are those of the show guest and not directly those of the companies they serve or that of the host or the producer CareManity, LLC. Information discussed should not be taken as medical, legal, or financial advice. Please seek the advice or you own personal medical, legal or financial advisors as each person’s situation is different. (c) Copyright 2022 CareManity, LLC all rights reserved. CareManity is a trademark of CareManity, LLC.