Listen in to this important show. If you’re a Veteran or caring for one, the US government has a ton of benefits available to help you. Listen in as my guests from the US Veteran’s Administration share information on some incredibly valuable benefits, that you may not know of, that are available to you, your mom, dad, or spouse.
Here are a few examples:
- Additional pension and financial support (based on need and
- Respite care for caregivers of a veteran for up to 20 days per year
- Free burial in a Federal Military cemetery and financial support if buried in a private cemetery
- In-home care services
- Nursing home and rehab care
- Some financial support for private care facility living
- Special veteran-directed care
- Medical care equipment including incontinent supplies, medical beds, walkers, hearing aids, and more!
- Prescription medications
- Special hospice care program
- Home health aides and a homemaker support program
- A fiduciary program if your family member is unable to manage their own bills and financial situation
- And much more!
Links and phone numbers:
- Veteran Benefits Administration
- VA Pension Benefits and how to apply for them
- Elderly benefits for Veterans
- Geriatric and Extended Care support for Veterans
- Support for caregivers of Veterans
- Free help filling out VA Claim Forms: call 1-800-827-1000
- Veteran Crisis Hotline: Dial 988 then press the number 1 when the phone is answered.
Kevin J. Friel: Kevin was appointed as Deputy Director of the Pension and Fiduciary Service on June 24, 2018. The Pension and Fiduciary Service Staff is responsible for oversite and administering the pension, dependency and indemnity compensation, and fiduciary programs to include the development of policy and procedures, performance of quality reviews, creation of required training, and development of processing system functional requirements. In 2021, the pension program paid over $3.7B to over 334,000 beneficiaries composed of both Veterans and their survivors, and the fiduciary program provided benefit protection to over 121,000 beneficiaries whose disabilities limited their ability to manage their VA benefits, which exceeded $2.9B. Additionally, Pension and Fiduciary Service provides oversight and administration of Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits, providing over $7.7B in DIC benefits to over 460,000 eligible survivors.
Dr. Scotte R. Hartronft, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FACHE: Dr. Hartronft is a Board Certified Senior Physician Executive with experience in large, complex integrated health systems and has had a professional presence at the national, regional, and local levels. He is the Executive Director, Office of Geriatrics and Extended Care a the Veteran Administration Central Office, Department of Veterans Affairs. There he serves as the principal advisor to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Clinical Operations, Under Secretary for Health, and the overall Veterans Health Administration on issues regarding policy, operations, oversight, and quality of care for aging and chronically ill Veteran patients of all ages.
Host: Nancy May, Author of How to Survive 911 Medical Emergencies, Step-by-Step Before, During, After! is an acknowledged expert in managing the path of step-by-step caring for aging parents, even from over 1200 miles away. For a free, fillable File-of-Life go to www.howtosurvive911.com. Nancy is also the Co-Founder of CareManity LLC, and the private FaceBook group, Eldercare Success.
Disclaimer: The views, perspectives, and opinions expressed in this show are those of the show guests and not directly those of the companies they serve or that of the host or the producer CareManity, LLC. The information discussed should not be considered or used as medical, legal, or financial advice. Please seek the advice of your own personal medical, legal or financial advisors as each person’s situation is different. (c) Copyright 2022 CareManity, LLC all rights reserved.
CareManity is a trademark of CareManity, LLC.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy